Canon Community Canon Community

New Contributor

For a SX50HS is there a way to take a series of time delayed pictures ? Automatic pic every 3 min

HI,

I am looking for a way where I put the SX50HS on a tripod and now want her to automatically make a picture every 3 minutes for an hour. Is there a way to achieve this ?  Have not found a hint in the manual. Would be great if that could work !

thanks

martin

Valued Contributor

Re: For a SX50HS is there a way to take a series of time delayed pictures ? Automatic pic every 3 mi

Apparently you need a remote timer. Youtube has a video from someone who is using this method: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WxwvgDIUnGM.

New Contributor

Re: For a SX50HS is there a way to take a series of time delayed pictures ? Automatic pic every 3 mi

Great Guys, Thank you !  Both contributions were helpful.
I found a hint about an automatic shutter release Phottix TR-90 that may so the job, however the longest is 59 sec. seamingly to avoid the camera lens to go still.

Then the hint with you tube indicates a way to use CHDK to eventually still be able to do the job right the way.

Am happy about your insirtaions. Thank you !