Canon Community Canon Community

Occasional Contributor

Firmware updates G5X

Are there any updates to firmware for the G5X? 

How does one actually find that out please, other than asking here. 

The manual didn't show anything. 

Thanks. 

Re: Firmware updates G5X

Hello, Avondale87!

Thanks for reaching out to Canon USA, we're happy to help!

You'll find all of the software and downloads for the PowerShot G5 X on its support page on our website. HERE is a shortcut to that page.

We hope this helps!

Occasional Contributor

Thanks Stephen, much appreciated
I see there's none showing.
Do these sort of cameras get updates in their lifetime? Just curious.
Occasional Contributor

I'd also like to see firmware updates.  One of my biggest bugaboos; you cannot tell how many photos you've shot.  That's absurd for many reasons; one is that it gives you a good idea of how you are really doing battery wise.  Speaking of the battery, one day it seemed to go from full to nearly dead rather suddenly, suggesting that the battery reading indicator needs some help.  Third - from my G11 I'm used to the vivid scene - did very nicely outdoors.  The closest thing to vivid on the G5x is beyond extreme.  Either change it, or dd one like the G11 has.

Thanks!

Occasional Contributor

I was wrong about the picture count issue; during photo viewing press info. But the vivid versus super vivid is a big issue. G11 vivid did a great job outdoors. Super vivid results in very overdone results.