cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Facebook

mrivner
Contributor

I have a powershot g7x.  For the last few days, I have not been able to use my camera to post pictures to Facebook.  It is giving me the respose--"Cannot Log in to Web service".  This had worked last week.  I am able to send pictures to the Canon Image Gateway--so I know my WIFI is working.  I have tried everything that I could think of.  I called Canon Technical Support who was unable to help me with this problem. 

I am getting very frustrated by this and help someone knows why I am getting this error message and how to fix it as I would like to post my pictures directly to facebook from my camera as I had done previously.

Thank you.

Michael

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thank John for your help.  I figured out how to fix this problem.  I went on the canon image gateway and selected my product.  Then I selected Web Service Settings.  Then I selected Facebook Settings, then I selected Cancel Acess settings.  After doing this I then went back into the facebook setting and it allowed me to re-enter my facebook account setting which somehow had gotten erased.

Now all is working well.

Once again thank you for caring about my problem.  It would have been nice if Canon Tech Support had told me how to fix this.

Regards,

Michael

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend
Seems like you ruled out the camera as being the problem, so it must be Facebook. Do they have a help site?
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Thanks, I have done this but I am sure they will blame the Canon Software on the Camera.  What I believe is happeing is that the Canon gateway is not sending the username or password.  Also it was working.until last week.

Thanks.

Micnael

Found this:

https://www.cig.usa.canon.com/cu/en_US/support.html

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Thank you John for responding to my messages, I appreciate your interest in my problem.  Unfortunately, that link does not address my issue.  I can indeed connect to the Canon Image Gateway using my Camera's wireless connection.  What I cannot do is connect to Facebook.  This issue is not addressed in that link.

Regards,

Michael

It had a phone number and email that I thought would be of use to contact them, since you thought it was a Gateway probelm.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Thank John for your help.  I figured out how to fix this problem.  I went on the canon image gateway and selected my product.  Then I selected Web Service Settings.  Then I selected Facebook Settings, then I selected Cancel Acess settings.  After doing this I then went back into the facebook setting and it allowed me to re-enter my facebook account setting which somehow had gotten erased.

Now all is working well.

Once again thank you for caring about my problem.  It would have been nice if Canon Tech Support had told me how to fix this.

Regards,

Michael

I have a similar problem, but what I have is not being able to put my Facebook credentials in.

A month ago, I had to change my password on Facebook. So, when I just tried to upload to Facebook, I got the web service not available.  I deleted the settings and tried connectiong to Facebook to log into Facebook on the gateway. However, when I hit the "to facebook" button, I get the spinning circle in the middle of the screen for 2 seconds and then it disappears and never connects to Facebook.

Any ideas of what I'm doing wrong?

Replying to myself....finally figured it out...it was due to popup blocking!!!

If anyone else has this issue, turn off your popup blocking for Canon Image Gateway!

Announcements