Occasional Contributor

Re: Error when uploading videos from Powershot to Macbook

No luck using image capture either

VIP

[ Edited ]

@aj2475 wrote:

@kvbarkley wrote:

When was the last time you re-formatted the card *in the camera*?

That I never have

This should be mandatory.  Despite all appearances to the contrary, memory cards do not come preformatted.  The formatting on new memory cards is actually residue from production testing, which MUST be completely wiped with a low level format, preferably performed on a PC, and then again in the camera.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Doctor told me to get out and walk, so I bought a Canon."
Honored Contributor

@aj2475 wrote:

No no, Wadizzle is correct, my USB slot on my macbook was damaged years ago but my camera is fine and I didn't make any indication about the memory card not being removed from the camera. 

But yes, the videos can be played back on the camera and the memory card I have been using is Sandisk 64gb Ultra Plus 10

Then Waddizzle is also correct that you should try using a card reader. Any other solution merely adds unnecessary complexity.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA
Occasional Contributor

At this time I don't have a card reader.

I went ahead and formatted my card through my camera (SX740 btw)

I filmed two shots, one is under 2 minutes and the other is over 10 minutes. The shorter clip uploaded immediately and the longer clip has this message Screen Shot 2020-04-20 at 1.50.25 PM.png

Esteemed Contributor

Sorry, I guess you will need to get a card reader. It looks like the camera responds slower than the Mac expects it to.

Occasional Contributor

But that still doesn't answer the question why this is all of a sudden even after re-formatting the card?

Esteemed Contributor

Can't answer. Many Macs have a card reader built in, except the low end macbooks with USB-C only.