cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Eplh 300 HS will not turn on

jhphoto21
Apprentice

I purchased an Elph 300 HS for my mother Christmas before last.  She has used it minimally (probably around 500-1000 actuations).  The camera will not turn on at this point.  I have re-charged the battery using the Canon outlet charger, but the camera still will not turn on.

Any suggestions?  I'm a long-term Canon user and a CPS member (for my pro work), but have no experience with the Elph line.

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jhphoto21,

At this point, the camera will need to be examined by our Factory Service Center technicians.  To start this process, you'll need to complete a Repair Request on our website.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

John_
Authority

There are many things that can cause that but only a few you can to fix yourself.

Check the battery compartment for corrosion, clean it with DeOxit

Be sure the battery compartment door closes correctly

Try a new battery. Batteries tend to like to be used, charged and discharged regularily. Minimal use for a battery is not necessarily a good thing

jhphoto21
Apprentice

Thanks for the comment.  I've checked contacts, battery door closure, voltage on the battery, etc and none of that seems to have an impact.

It is almost as though there is some sort of reset or problem with the on-off switch.

Any other suggestions folks?  Does anyone from Canon have a suggestion?  I'd love to get her camera back to her.

jhphoto21,

At this point, the camera will need to be examined by our Factory Service Center technicians.  To start this process, you'll need to complete a Repair Request on our website.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

jhphoto21
Apprentice

Thanks Mike. I was afraid of that, but was hoping that there might be a trick with the Power Shot line that effectively resets the system.

I'll initiate a repair request and get the ball rolling.

Thanks again.

Announcements