cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Elph 360 won't stay on!

Mandymcnurse
Apprentice

My camera with a fully charged battery and SD card in will show the green on light while I hold my finger on the on off button and will stay on for a few seconds then immediately shuts off. Bought the camera in April 2017. The lens is stuck in extended position and no image is displayed the screen stays blank. Was working great for last few days then this while I'm on holiday in Poland no less. Please help before I go home. Going to auschwitz on Tuesday. Thank u!! 

2 REPLIES 2

Richard
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi Mandymcnurse,

Thank you for posting.

I recommend performing a "hard reset" of your camera. To do this, remove the battery pack from the camera then close the battery compartment. Now press and hold down the power button for 5 seconds, then release it. Replace the fully charged battery pack and turn the camera on.

If your camera's lens works normally, you're ready to start shooting. If the issue persists, your camera will require service to resolve this issue.  I regret the difficulty this causes, especially during your holiday!

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Nope no good. This is so frustrating while on holiday. Now I will have to buy a camera so I can capture my holidays. What could have caused this? Or is this a dud camera? Cost me close to $300! Not a happy customer. 

Announcements