cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Elph 330 WiFi vs 340 WiFi

Edge
Apprentice
I am considering buying a 330 and WiFi is very important to me. I read that it was improved on the 340 which I believe is photographically inferior. What's the difference re the WiFi? Thanks.
Dave
2 REPLIES 2

Tim
Authority

Hello Edge,

The PowerShot Elph 340 HS does make it easier to connect to devices via the Wi Fi.  Both perform essentially the same functions with regards to the Wi Fi, so it would be advisable for you to go with the camera of your preference.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

John_
Authority

Since the 340 is easier to connect per the Canon person and the rest is similar for wifi functions personally I would go with the 340 because of the added zoom 12X vs 10X, more mega pixels 16MP vs 12MP, 1/3 the shutter lag .05s vs .15s, more lines per picture height 2265 vs 2069. The 330 had a max ISO of 6400 which is twice as fast as the newer 340 with a max ISO of 3200...for me that would not steer me to the 330 though and it would be to grainy in most cases to use that high an ISO of 6400. The 340 has 3 video resolution levels with an added 480p which is good for emailing whereas the 330 only has the two, 1080p and 720p. The prices are pretty close also..like I said Id go with the 340 but hold off if you can others may chime in too with some advice for you.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements