cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ELPH 330 HS - MacOS Sierra 10.12.1 - WiFi

machineage
Apprentice

Hi all

Well I just wondered if there is or ever will be a solution to my enduring problem getting my camera to transfer photos over WiFi. All was fine under Mavericks as I recall. However I never got hings to work with succeeding OS's. I read some people have had success with the latest version of Sierra 10.12.1 - alas not so for me.

The camera is able to see my Macbook Pro via my access point over 2G - but connection fails every time. I have tried via WPS and manually with the same conclusion. I erase the WiFi settings each time to ensure a clean sheet. Setup was flawless with Mavericks.

Anyone pointers would be gratefully received. Thanks.

5 REPLIES 5

cfunlimited
Apprentice

I have the same problem. Every time I try to open the CameraWindow software I am immediately greeted with the No camera was found message. I don't see any capacity to make any settings changes or alter any settings. The camera can find my computer, but my computer does not in any way recognize the camera.

Wasn't fixed in El Captan, isn't fixed in Sierra either. Frankly, I'm having problems with Windows 10 at this point.

Does anyone have any further information regarding this - and if support will ever be available?

Hello!

Thank you for reaching out to Canon USA! If you've downloaded the most recent updates to the Canon software from our site, and you're still having problems, we encourage you to reach out to support for further troubleshooting or options. 

Software for cameras used here in the USA can be found HERE.

Support in the USA can be reached by calling 1-800-OK-CANON (800-652-2666) from 10am to 10pm (ET) during the week. If you're outside of the USA, you'll want to reach out to Canon in your country/region. Support options for other countries and regions can be found HERE

Hi - I downloaded the latest software and i am still unable to connect via WiFi with MacOS Sierra. I have tried all options - manual - WPS etc to no avail. I repeatedly get a 'connection fail' on the camera. I reset the WiFi settings on the camera before trying each option.

Announcements