cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does the PowerShot ELPH 520 HS Refurbished ship with a battery and charger?

weatherlyr
Apprentice

Received the Canon referbished camera promo and wanted to know if  the ELPH 520 HS Refurbished camera ships with a rechargeable battery and charger. 

The camera manual says it includes one but it don't know if that applies to one that's a referb. 

Rich

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

GaryS
Enthusiast

Refurbs come with everything a new camera does.

View solution in original post

I'm sure you're correct, John.

My Sx500 only had a setup guide and maybe a sheet in tiny print. My Rebel T3I has a pretty good manual but I've located and downloaded the Elph 50HS manual. Looks like I still need to get a microSD card. 

Thanks for your help! 

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

GaryS
Enthusiast

Refurbs come with everything a new camera does.

Perfect, Gary! 

Thanks for the prompt response. Smiley Happy

John_
Authority

As far as a manual Im not sure. They have those online now and my new SX50 didnt even come with a printed booklet and I wish it did. The rest you will get for sure.

I'm sure you're correct, John.

My Sx500 only had a setup guide and maybe a sheet in tiny print. My Rebel T3I has a pretty good manual but I've located and downloaded the Elph 50HS manual. Looks like I still need to get a microSD card. 

Thanks for your help! 

@John_ wrote:

As far as a manual Im not sure. They have those online now and my new SX50 didnt even come with a printed booklet and I wish it did. The rest you will get for sure.

The one advantage I see in Canon's printed manuals is that they're small enough to fit into almost any pocket of my camera bags. But the downloaded files on my laptops and the set of full-size printouts I keep at work, see a lot more use.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

Agreed Bob !

I downloaded my manual onto my Galaxy Note 3 Phone also which I usually always carry with me everywhere.

But your right that small format booklet type manuals did fit nicely into the camera bag and came in handy that way. I was thinking about going to Staples and seeing how much it would cost to have it printed up that way but Im not sure if it is legal

@John_ wrote:

Agreed Bob !

I downloaded my manual onto my Galaxy Note 3 Phone also which I usually always carry with me everywhere.

But your right that small format booklet type manuals did fit nicely into the camera bag and came in handy that way. I was thinking about going to Staples and seeing how much it would cost to have it printed up that way but Im not sure if it is legal

I doubt that Canon would care how you print the document, as long as you don't try to sell it. After all, it's on-line for all to see. But copying companies (in the U.S., at least) have become quite risk-averse where copyright issues are concerned, so you may find Staples unwilling to do the job. And because it's a non-standard printing job that requires binding, it might cost you nearly as much as to buy the manual from Canon. So if the manual is still in print, buying it from Canon might be the best option.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA
Announcements