cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Canon plan to replace the SX280 in 2014?

deland2000
Apprentice

6 REPLIES 6

naruamil17
Apprentice

Maybe the Canon PowerShot SX600 HS

After the SX280 fiasco.... I just couldn't bring myself to trust Canon anymore, I very nearly bought a SX280 then I saw all the write ups then thought of the HX50 I ditched that idea too after reading various write ups.

Right now I'm looking elsewhere, I do feel that Canon ought to take a step back to the A650 era, I think that is a great camera.

I also had a IP5000 printer, that was quite respectible, being in electronics I serviced that a time or two until the paper feed starting throwing wobblers (Yes, I know about the ajustment) so I bought a IP4950 - big mistake!   It's slow, you gotta wait over a miniute or so while it decides to waste ink.... and they even chipped the ink tanks and made em' smaller, after all thats where the money is.

So Canon, like one or two others on here - it'll be a long time before I make a Canon purchase. If they say a firmware update sorts the SX280 why hasn't it - it plainly hasn't and folks are getting them back the same. Their 'testers' gone to sleep have they?

If Canon wants to catch my eye then let them stick to AA batteries, put a x20 zoom on the A650 and it'll be a winner - forget about the gimmicks, such as GPS it's just a battery drain.

Also when I buy a camera and send it back I want a NEW ONE not one  that someone else as had - they need to address this at ANY cost!

Dave

Good points. I'm tinkering with my battery in the SX280 and when I read about sending the camera to Canon (which I was about to do under warranty) and they replaced with a refurb...ugg. I want a replacement for the 280. 

The SX600 is not a replacement for the 280. It is a dumbed down version with no manual controls and an older processor. It is more akin to the Sony WX300

TMARTINSX280HS
Apprentice
Do not buy!! Especially if you are interested in WiFi and aren't a rocket scientist. It's incredibly complicated to use if it even works at all for you. I have never even been able to get CameraWindow to connect to the server, which apparently is a necessity to even use the WiFi at all. You've been warned!

naruamil17
Apprentice

So, We better get the PowerShot SX260 HS?

Announcements