cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Date Stamp / Do others want this feature back??

gb50677
Apprentice

We own the G9X and love it. It takes high quality photos and is a good size. Canon got rid of the date stamp feature and we now have to use a third party software to upload the date stamp. We like the date stamp to show proof of when photos were taken and when certain events occured. Does anyone else want this feature back? It seems like Canon could easily add the feature and those that did not wish to utilize it could just turn it off. I realize the date stamp is saved in the file but it is quite a chore to manually add the date to all of our photos.

Canon please help!! We currently use BatchPhoto to add the date stamp. Does anyone else have software they like?

3 REPLIES 3

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

Back when it was common on Powershots, we would always get questions about how to remove the text from the photo. I am assuming Canon got tired of those requests, too.

We get very few requests for it. Mainly from lawyers and insurance adjusters.

ScottyP
Authority

Date stamps are a holdover from the pre-digital age (film).  There was no data in film, so for snapshots you sometimes wanted to see the date on the print.  I don't personally foresee them bringing that back since that info and much more is baked into each file in the data.  

You wouldn't usually want a vivid time stamp permantly burned onto anything nicer than snapshots though, because it really doesn't look good.  

Scott

Canon 5d mk 4, Canon 6D, EF 70-200mm L f/2.8 IS mk2; EF 16-35 f/2.8 L mk. III; Sigma 35mm f/1.4 "Art" EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro; EF 85mm f/1.8; EF 1.4x extender mk. 3; EF 24-105 f/4 L; EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS; 3x Phottix Mitros+ speedlites

Why do so many people say "FER-tographer"? Do they take "fertographs"?

Sigh, how quickly they forget APS. It, of course, did contain a date stamp. But the only way to read it was to develop the film.

I have a bunch that needs to get scanned. I am going to have it professionally scanned and I hope, I really hope, they can read the Mag data and put it into the EXIF data.

Announcements