cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connecting to Image.Canon Wifi Date Time Error

kmsheetmetal
Apprentice

Hi I have 2 sx530HS and both were setup with Image Gateway and all was working fine no problems until the shutdown of the server.  Today I tried to connect them to the new Image.Canon server and every time I try the update cloud button on the cameras as decribed in the setup from image.canon I get "Set the correct date and time" on both cameras.  The correct date, time and time zone is correct on the camera.  I've searched through several posts on here from others having similar issues in the past saying you need to change the camera name to something else before trying to connect, or completely reset the wireless settings like it was a brand new camera. None of that worked.  I logged into the new image.canon and deleted one of the cameras that I guess was transfered over from image gateway and that had no effect.  Am I missing something or is the service not fully up and running.  Any help would be great as our company uses these for shipping picture verifcation and manually transfering images takes a ton of time and is the only reason we bought these cameras is so we could transfer pictures automatically.

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

On Wednesday, April 15, 2020, Canon Inc. will be releasing firmware ver. 1.1.0.0 for the PowerShot SX530 HS. Download it here https://Canon.us/ltvsb

Firmware Version 1.1.0.0 incorporates the following fixes and enhancements:

1. Support for the “image.canon” cloud platform has been added.

Note: This is a required firmware update in order to enable the use of this service.

View solution in original post

106 REPLIES 106

Tim
Authority

kmsheetmetal, 

I understand you are seeking support for your PowerShot SX530 HS cameras

For support on this product, please call 1-800-652-2666 and follow the prompts for Technical Support. Agents are available during the following times. All times EST, excluding holidays.

Cameras - PowerShot -- 1-800-652-2666 Monday-Friday: 9:00 am to 9:00 pm

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I followed your recommendation, walked the phone tree, was informed if I wanted help I could buy phone support for a problem which Canon caused, and directed to the canon website.

Your customers are stuck with a problem Canon caused and Canon wants us to pay to get help to fix the Canon-caused problem.

This problem doesn't seem to be unique.  What is the Canon procedure to follow and the firmware to install to resolve the Canon-caused problem.

I look forward to a resolution.

Thanks,

don

Isn't there are charge for this so-called service?

Steve0701
Contributor

My Powershot SX700 HS suddenly has the same problem today. 

I called the number, and all they could do was lead me to the technical group that first requires $14.95.  My camera is fine. The only problem is with the new web site that went online this week. Image.canon was not properly tested and does not know how to accept input from some cameras. I cannot accept that my camera is obsolete after just four years. The web team needs to step up, take responsibility, and correct their mistakes.

I could not agree more. I've loved the camera and use it almost daily. This issue with my PowerShot SX60 did not happen until the new image website went up. I am thoroughly disgusted with Canon at this time. 

Steve0701
Contributor
The SX530 HS did not make it to the new list of connectable cameras. Neither did my SX700 HS. Sorry, it looks like we are sh*t out of luck. See https://image.canon/st/en/connectable-models.html

The SX 530 HS is on the list.

If Canon can't resolve this, my next camera likely won't be another Canon.

don

Hey, all!

We're having technical details regarding the new site. Please bear with us. We know it's not ideal, but we're working through it as quickly as we can. 

That should have been Canon's first response, not send customers to the 800 number 'go buy support' phone tree.

Announcements