cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connecting to Image.Canon Wifi Date Time Error

kmsheetmetal
Apprentice

Hi I have 2 sx530HS and both were setup with Image Gateway and all was working fine no problems until the shutdown of the server.  Today I tried to connect them to the new Image.Canon server and every time I try the update cloud button on the cameras as decribed in the setup from image.canon I get "Set the correct date and time" on both cameras.  The correct date, time and time zone is correct on the camera.  I've searched through several posts on here from others having similar issues in the past saying you need to change the camera name to something else before trying to connect, or completely reset the wireless settings like it was a brand new camera. None of that worked.  I logged into the new image.canon and deleted one of the cameras that I guess was transfered over from image gateway and that had no effect.  Am I missing something or is the service not fully up and running.  Any help would be great as our company uses these for shipping picture verifcation and manually transfering images takes a ton of time and is the only reason we bought these cameras is so we could transfer pictures automatically.

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

On Wednesday, April 15, 2020, Canon Inc. will be releasing firmware ver. 1.1.0.0 for the PowerShot SX530 HS. Download it here https://Canon.us/ltvsb

Firmware Version 1.1.0.0 incorporates the following fixes and enhancements:

1. Support for the “image.canon” cloud platform has been added.

Note: This is a required firmware update in order to enable the use of this service.

View solution in original post

106 REPLIES 106

RebelxButterfly
Apprentice
Im having the same issue. Has anyone found a way to fix this problem? Canons are normally great cameras but not being able to use wifi when it states WIFI right on the camera is very disappointing. If this problem isnt fixed, i promise this will be the last canon i buy. Im not going to spend hundreds of dollars for false advertisement.

@RebelxButterfly wrote:
Im having the same issue. Has anyone found a way to fix this problem? Canons are normally great cameras but not being able to use wifi when it states WIFI right on the camera is very disappointing. If this problem isnt fixed, i promise this will be the last canon i buy. Im not going to spend hundreds of dollars for false advertisement.

The way I personally found to fix this issue was to buy a FujiFilm.  Truth is, they likely did this intentially, so there will never be a fix from Canon.  I will never buy another Canon product again, and I am replacing 3 Canon cameras, 2 Canon scanners, and 1 Canon printer.

RebelxButterfly
Apprentice
I feel the same bout buying different products. I got my powershot a year ago to add to my collection but feel its not the greatest Canon i have. But theres no reason why to buy canons from now on if their not willing to fix their own mistakes that they made. I emailed Canon and they said they do not have a online support and that i have to call. I dont have time to be on the phone for an hour or so. And like you said, it doesnt look like this problem is going to be fixed anytime soon... Sad 😢

@RebelxButterfly wrote:
I feel the same bout buying different products. I got my powershot a year ago to add to my collection but feel its not the greatest Canon i have. But theres no reason why to buy canons from now on if their not willing to fix their own mistakes that they made. I emailed Canon and they said they do not have a online support and that i have to call. I dont have time to be on the phone for an hour or so. And like you said, it doesnt look like this problem is going to be fixed anytime soon... Sad 😢

Besides your time and effort, Canon charges money for that phone call... regardless of outcome.

NaturesX
Contributor
They aren't going to fix anything. I assume they want people to buy new which I won't do. I purchased the
C? plug with USB to hook to computer (stone age days) and download pics.. If I want to quickly share a pic, I use my phone and take a picture of the camera shot.. It sucks to have to do this after buying a wifi camera! I no longer have any respect for Canon.. I doubt they shiv a git..

Yep, they don't give a dang.  They just want you to buy a new camera so they can screw you again in a few years.  Buying a FujiFilm solved my issue.

Samiabdullah
Apprentice

I have the same problem, for one thing there is no SX 700 HS on the list, no further firmware updates.  I tried to connect my camera to the new Image.Canon server and every time I try the update cloud button on the cameras as decribed in the setup from image.canon I get "Set the correct date and time" on both cameras.  The correct date, time and time zone is correct on the camera.  

Announcements