cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connecting to Image.Canon Wifi Date Time Error

kmsheetmetal
Apprentice

Hi I have 2 sx530HS and both were setup with Image Gateway and all was working fine no problems until the shutdown of the server.  Today I tried to connect them to the new Image.Canon server and every time I try the update cloud button on the cameras as decribed in the setup from image.canon I get "Set the correct date and time" on both cameras.  The correct date, time and time zone is correct on the camera.  I've searched through several posts on here from others having similar issues in the past saying you need to change the camera name to something else before trying to connect, or completely reset the wireless settings like it was a brand new camera. None of that worked.  I logged into the new image.canon and deleted one of the cameras that I guess was transfered over from image gateway and that had no effect.  Am I missing something or is the service not fully up and running.  Any help would be great as our company uses these for shipping picture verifcation and manually transfering images takes a ton of time and is the only reason we bought these cameras is so we could transfer pictures automatically.

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

On Wednesday, April 15, 2020, Canon Inc. will be releasing firmware ver. 1.1.0.0 for the PowerShot SX530 HS. Download it here https://Canon.us/ltvsb

Firmware Version 1.1.0.0 incorporates the following fixes and enhancements:

1. Support for the “image.canon” cloud platform has been added.

Note: This is a required firmware update in order to enable the use of this service.

View solution in original post

106 REPLIES 106

@Hikw-Qedxw wrote:

I having the same issue, but I discovered something far more disturbing.  Neither of my cameras are supported in any way or manner.  Can't find software updates, user manuals, nothing.  They have even been deleted from the 'My Products' section in my CanonID account.  All that I find in the product support section is  a breif mesage "We're sorry but we no longer support your particular model.  However, please feel free to contact your local authorized Canon repair facility if you need assistance."

Seems that I am the proud owner of a pair of two year old obsolete paper weights.

What are the exact models of your cameras?

Stephen,

Mine is a PowerShot SX530 HS...now just a paperweight! Sincerely, Shelley

@Happy4life wrote:

Stephen,

Mine is a PowerShot SX530 HS...now just a paperweight! Sincerely, Shelley

I have the SX510 with the same crap status.  Canon does not give a **bleep**, as this was all planned to make you purchase a new camera.  Which is what I am doing, and it will NEVER EVER be another Canon.  I bet you, if they even answer at all, it will be "please call in, as we do not offer online support for your model".  Which will cost you $15 just to find out that they still have no answer for you.  PROVE ME WRONG CANON...

Well, I won't be buying another Canon that's for sure. I wanted a WIFI camera that would download to my laptop not my phone. Not everyone has a phone capitable to do that. JS

NaturesX
Contributor
Not sure who you are asking HalaArafa, but I downloaded and keep in folder on computer so I have them. I can then share on social media and what not. If I want to share right after taking a picture, I take a pic with my phone from the camera and share right away...

I'm not sure who I am asking as well. The Canon moderator posted a link that is supposed to update the PowerShotSX530. I downloaded that on my computer, but then what? How will that update the camera? There is a list of instructions that I couldn't make heads or tails from. I know the memory card, but how do I update that or if I bought a new one, how do I install the new updates on it? My camera is basically just an arm rest now.... totally useless. I cannot connect to the WiFi. I cannot set the date. I cannot transfer my pictures anywhere.... not a cloud, not an online album, not Canon Gateway... Nada! If I don't find a solution soon, I'll use it as a mug   Smiley Very Happy

NaturesX
Contributor
Sorry, I Feel your pain. I'm not familiar with your model. My sx700 has some additional plug in options and I was able to hook up to my laptop and put pics on my computer. Maybe someone with your model will comment on your post..

NaturesX
Contributor
I was told to complain via email by an employee because "supposedly", they really pay attention to complaints, but never heard anything back.. They should have at least offered an upgrade at a major discount or something.. Anything! But nothing.. Just S* out of Luck.. ERR

SouthWestern
Apprentice

My Camera is an IXUS  265 HS  (maybe known as a powershot in the USA) about 5 years old.

In common with others here, my WIFI stopped after the image.canon update.  I have spent a few hours on trying everything - but it won't work

If anyone Canon is reading - thanks for disabling a really great feature.

So now I can go back in time, and use a cable like we used to.  GOOD JOB!

...and if you think this might encourage me to replace my IXUS with a newer Canon -- WRONG!

@SouthWestern wrote:

My Camera is an IXUS  265 HS  (maybe known as a powershot in the USA) about 5 years old.

In common with others here, my WIFI stopped after the image.canon update.  I have spent a few hours on trying everything - but it won't work

If anyone Canon is reading - thanks for disabling a really great feature.

So now I can go back in time, and use a cable like we used to.  GOOD JOB!

...and if you think this might encourage me to replace my IXUS with a newer Canon -- WRONG!

I just purchased a Fujifilm, they still have a Camera to PC transfer utility in operation.

Announcements