Stephen,

Mine is a PowerShot SX530 HS...now just a paperweight! Sincerely, Shelley

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Re: Connecting to Image.Canon Wifi Date Time Error

@Happy4life wrote:

Stephen,

Mine is a PowerShot SX530 HS...now just a paperweight! Sincerely, Shelley

I have the SX510 with the same crap status.  Canon does not give a **bleep**, as this was all planned to make you purchase a new camera.  Which is what I am doing, and it will NEVER EVER be another Canon.  I bet you, if they even answer at all, it will be "please call in, as we do not offer online support for your model".  Which will cost you $15 just to find out that they still have no answer for you.  PROVE ME WRONG CANON...

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Well, I won't be buying another Canon that's for sure. I wanted a WIFI camera that would download to my laptop not my phone. Not everyone has a phone capitable to do that. JS

Highlighted
New Contributor

I downloaded per your suggestion then I didn't know what to do next.

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Not sure who you are asking HalaArafa, but I downloaded and keep in folder on computer so I have them. I can then share on social media and what not. If I want to share right after taking a picture, I take a pic with my phone from the camera and share right away...
Highlighted
New Contributor

I'm not sure who I am asking as well. The Canon moderator posted a link that is supposed to update the PowerShotSX530. I downloaded that on my computer, but then what? How will that update the camera? There is a list of instructions that I couldn't make heads or tails from. I know the memory card, but how do I update that or if I bought a new one, how do I install the new updates on it? My camera is basically just an arm rest now.... totally useless. I cannot connect to the WiFi. I cannot set the date. I cannot transfer my pictures anywhere.... not a cloud, not an online album, not Canon Gateway... Nada! If I don't find a solution soon, I'll use it as a mug   Smiley Very Happy

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Sorry, I Feel your pain. I'm not familiar with your model. My sx700 has some additional plug in options and I was able to hook up to my laptop and put pics on my computer. Maybe someone with your model will comment on your post..
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Im in the same boat as you, cant connect my sx700hs and im upset.

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Welcome to the forum where we discuss how Canon has deactivated an important feature. You have my sympathy, but don't expect a solution from Canon. 

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

@Steve0701 wrote:

Welcome to the forum where we discuss how Canon has deactivated an important feature. You have my sympathy, but don't expect a solution from Canon. 

This!