cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connecting to Image.Canon Wifi Date Time Error

kmsheetmetal
Apprentice

Hi I have 2 sx530HS and both were setup with Image Gateway and all was working fine no problems until the shutdown of the server.  Today I tried to connect them to the new Image.Canon server and every time I try the update cloud button on the cameras as decribed in the setup from image.canon I get "Set the correct date and time" on both cameras.  The correct date, time and time zone is correct on the camera.  I've searched through several posts on here from others having similar issues in the past saying you need to change the camera name to something else before trying to connect, or completely reset the wireless settings like it was a brand new camera. None of that worked.  I logged into the new image.canon and deleted one of the cameras that I guess was transfered over from image gateway and that had no effect.  Am I missing something or is the service not fully up and running.  Any help would be great as our company uses these for shipping picture verifcation and manually transfering images takes a ton of time and is the only reason we bought these cameras is so we could transfer pictures automatically.

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

On Wednesday, April 15, 2020, Canon Inc. will be releasing firmware ver. 1.1.0.0 for the PowerShot SX530 HS. Download it here https://Canon.us/ltvsb

Firmware Version 1.1.0.0 incorporates the following fixes and enhancements:

1. Support for the “image.canon” cloud platform has been added.

Note: This is a required firmware update in order to enable the use of this service.

View solution in original post

106 REPLIES 106

NaturesX
Contributor
If it doesn't work call customer service and then they will send a link to rate Canon and the customer service that you received.

I have spent many hours talking and writing Canon. In the old days they would make it right, including upgrading equipment at very attractive prices. NOT ANY MORE.
I have come to the conclusion that Canon couldn't care less about retaining customers.
Time to move to another brand... too bad

NaturesX
Contributor
Some of our cameras are no longer supported. Powershot SX700 HS.. I had to take out the SD card and put the pics on my laptop to have and share. My old pics are also on the new app after downloading it, but a lot of our cameras can no longer connect via wifi. Very disappointing. We can still take pics, just don't try to connect to the library, it no longer works. Customer service said Canon really pays attention to what we send in via the survey I was sent so maybe they will make things right? Doubt it, but hoping. Don't give us something and then take it away! I'm still pissed off, but waited to call so I didn't take it out on tech support. I would get all pics on computer so we don't lose them forever.

@NaturesX wrote:
Some of our cameras are no longer supported. Powershot SX700 HS.. I had to take out the SD card and put the pics on my laptop to have and share. My old pics are also on the new app after downloading it, but a lot of our cameras can no longer connect via wifi. Very disappointing. We can still take pics, just don't try to connect to the library, it no longer works. Customer service said Canon really pays attention to what we send in via the survey I was sent so maybe they will make things right? Doubt it, but hoping. Don't give us something and then take it away! I'm still pissed off, but waited to call so I didn't take it out on tech support. I would get all pics on computer so we don't lose them forever.

Canon does not give a crap... period!  I am done wasting my time with this worthless company, and will never EVER purchase another Canon product again.  I am looking now at replacing my SX510HS with another brand.

IhateCanon1
Contributor
I had a camera that could send pictures wirelessly to my computer or phone.

Now I have an expensive paperweight.

How can I get the pictures from my camera to anywhere???

Canon??! You sold me a camera with no equipment to get the pictures on a computer, printed, orders, etc.

If I need to use a SD card reader, I demand you send one to me for free. If that is necessary to use your product you should give it to me.

Your firmware update is crap and doesn’t work.

A Mini-B cord is what I now use to get pictures off my camera and into Windows 10.

Product Detail (USB A Plug to Mini B Plug .)

@Steve0701 wrote:

A Mini-B cord is what I now use to get pictures off my camera and into Windows 10.

Product Detail (USB A Plug to Mini B Plug .)

That does not work for me, all I get is "communication error" when I plug it in.

Mine can't connect that way so I take the card in and out. Looking for a new wifi camera and I'm sure it won't be a Canon!

Ideally, once you plug-in, and press the playback button, you should find a picture of your camera in the Windows File Explorer. Then, you would right-click it and select the option to import new images. If something other than File Explorer pops up, you might want to dismiss it and manually navigate to File Explorer to look for your camera.  That's the short version of my notes. Good luck.
Untitled.png

canonfeedback.JPGSent several months ago -- never heard back!!

Announcements