cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connecting to Image.Canon Wifi Date Time Error

kmsheetmetal
Apprentice

Hi I have 2 sx530HS and both were setup with Image Gateway and all was working fine no problems until the shutdown of the server.  Today I tried to connect them to the new Image.Canon server and every time I try the update cloud button on the cameras as decribed in the setup from image.canon I get "Set the correct date and time" on both cameras.  The correct date, time and time zone is correct on the camera.  I've searched through several posts on here from others having similar issues in the past saying you need to change the camera name to something else before trying to connect, or completely reset the wireless settings like it was a brand new camera. None of that worked.  I logged into the new image.canon and deleted one of the cameras that I guess was transfered over from image gateway and that had no effect.  Am I missing something or is the service not fully up and running.  Any help would be great as our company uses these for shipping picture verifcation and manually transfering images takes a ton of time and is the only reason we bought these cameras is so we could transfer pictures automatically.

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

On Wednesday, April 15, 2020, Canon Inc. will be releasing firmware ver. 1.1.0.0 for the PowerShot SX530 HS. Download it here https://Canon.us/ltvsb

Firmware Version 1.1.0.0 incorporates the following fixes and enhancements:

1. Support for the “image.canon” cloud platform has been added.

Note: This is a required firmware update in order to enable the use of this service.

View solution in original post

106 REPLIES 106

@skier150 wrote:

@NaturesX wrote:
Getting out of DST did not fix the error. Still getting "Set the correct date and time" This makes the camera useless.. I had a great picture and had to take a picture of the picture with my phone to share it..

You are correct.  The DST setting has absolutely no impact on the problem we are having.  With this date/time error, there is no way for us to transfer anything to the internet, and with the killing of the Image Transfer Utility, there is no way for us to transfer direct to the PC via WiFi.  I don't think they are going to provide a solution for this, as it appears they are enacting forced obsolescence on all older models in hopes that we will just buy a new model... they are wrong.

I have assumed tha all of you have installed the firmware update to actuallay enable your camera to use the new cloud.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

@Waddizzle wrote:

@skier150 wrote:

@NaturesX wrote:
Getting out of DST did not fix the error. Still getting "Set the correct date and time" This makes the camera useless.. I had a great picture and had to take a picture of the picture with my phone to share it..

You are correct.  The DST setting has absolutely no impact on the problem we are having.  With this date/time error, there is no way for us to transfer anything to the internet, and with the killing of the Image Transfer Utility, there is no way for us to transfer direct to the PC via WiFi.  I don't think they are going to provide a solution for this, as it appears they are enacting forced obsolescence on all older models in hopes that we will just buy a new model... they are wrong.

I have assumed tha all of you have installed the firmware update to actuallay enable your camera to use the new cloud.

Unfortuantely Canon is not providing a firmware update for a lot of these cameras.

NaturesX
Contributor
Do you work at Canon? Should we just throw our cameras in the trash?

@NaturesX wrote:
Do you work at Canon? Should we just throw our cameras in the trash?

I do not work for Canon.  If you do not have a copy of the camera and software User Manuals, then you can download them from the Canon Camera Support page for your camera model, whatever it might be.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

NaturesX
Contributor
I have the new image.canin app, but I have not plugged the camera up to the computer to download any new firmware.. Can I get new firmware on Canon site and maybe will work? I will check into this. I hv the sx700 HS.. I'm still livid and haven't called yet so as not to cuss some poor soul out.. Wishing still a bad dream also..

NaturesX
Contributor
Are they still working on it Stephen? Is there firmware we need to download? I want a firm answer!? Is my SX700 HS just a piece of trash now or what? I'm livid!!!!!!! Answer our questions! Date/time error.. Camera has been useless and Canon giving no answers..

NaturesX
Contributor
Are they still working on it Stephen? Is there firmware we need to download? I want a firm answer!? Is my SX700 HS just a piece of trash now or what? I'm livid!!!!!!! Answer our questions! Date/time error.. Camera has been useless and Canon giving no answers!

Exactly, there is no update or news about this at all.

NaturesX
Contributor
Bring back the Gateway!!!!! Hanks424, I have the same camera.. Did they confirm that our camera is now useless?? I'm still dealing with fix date and time at this point! #pissed

NaturesX
Contributor
Hoping this link will work pasted here. I finally was able to call Canon without chewing out an employee. I was sent this survey to fill out and I'm hoping others can also use it to voice our frustrations about being left in the dark about no longer having wifi connectivity.
https://canonusa.allegiancetech.com/cgi-bin/qwebcorporate.dll?idx=D3YEHM&rk=4285915

Peace
Announcements