cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connecting to Image.Canon Wifi Date Time Error

kmsheetmetal
Apprentice

Hi I have 2 sx530HS and both were setup with Image Gateway and all was working fine no problems until the shutdown of the server.  Today I tried to connect them to the new Image.Canon server and every time I try the update cloud button on the cameras as decribed in the setup from image.canon I get "Set the correct date and time" on both cameras.  The correct date, time and time zone is correct on the camera.  I've searched through several posts on here from others having similar issues in the past saying you need to change the camera name to something else before trying to connect, or completely reset the wireless settings like it was a brand new camera. None of that worked.  I logged into the new image.canon and deleted one of the cameras that I guess was transfered over from image gateway and that had no effect.  Am I missing something or is the service not fully up and running.  Any help would be great as our company uses these for shipping picture verifcation and manually transfering images takes a ton of time and is the only reason we bought these cameras is so we could transfer pictures automatically.

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

On Wednesday, April 15, 2020, Canon Inc. will be releasing firmware ver. 1.1.0.0 for the PowerShot SX530 HS. Download it here https://Canon.us/ltvsb

Firmware Version 1.1.0.0 incorporates the following fixes and enhancements:

1. Support for the “image.canon” cloud platform has been added.

Note: This is a required firmware update in order to enable the use of this service.

View solution in original post

106 REPLIES 106

I downloaded per your suggestion then I didn't know what to do next.

I hope there is a fix to this problem. I can't get my camera to do anything since the new site started up. Not happy at all.

ixus 285 hs user here having the same issue, found the wifi transferring very useful, if there is any fix to this please let us know.

Does Canon have a solution please?  It has been 2 weeks since Canon discovered this issue.

@rku789 wrote:

Does Canon have a solution please?  It has been 2 weeks since Canon discovered this issue.

It is a brand new product, unlike anything offered by any of the competition.  Canon has created a virtual cloud, which will eliminate the need to use the EOS Utility in the future.  All you do is take pictures, and go to your computer and edit them.

BTW, the EOS Utility has been known to produce a similar error message.  It is common to see it close to when the US changes to and from Daylight Savings Time.  The camera does not automatically switch in and out of DST.  There is a setting in the camera menu for setting that time that you must manually change to make the message go away.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

It would be nice to know...giving them the benifit of the doubt because of everything that is going on in the world maybe they are just back logged and will get to it soon. Just sucks!

Hi Stephen,

I am having the same problem with my PowerShot G9X Wi-Fi camera. Please help!
The image transfer utility was killed, so I cannot even transfer photos to the PC via WiFi anymore.

Best wishes from distant Poland.

Jurek Jerry Szostak

You'll find the compatible models on the site here: https://image.canon/st/en/connectable-models.html

If your camera isn't listed there, you won't be able to use the new Internet-based service. 

You can still use the Canon Camera Connect App on your mobile device to transfer the images from your camera to your mobile device, and then transfer from there to your favorite online service (Facebook, Instagram, Google Drive/Photos, Flickr, etc.), but if your camera isn't supported by the new image.canon service, you won't be able to use the camera to directly transfer images to the Internet.

If your camera is listed as a supported model, and you're still having trouble using the image.canon service, we recommend reaching out to support via your My Canon Account for assistance, if you're in the USA. If you're not in the USA, you'll need to find contact information for Canon in your country for assistance. Support information can be found HERE.

This really sucks! I begged and begged to get a Wifi camera. I don't want to download to my phone then to a different site. No more Canon's for me! Should never ever changed the format if you knew this was going to happen!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stephen -- Thanks to Canon for NOT supporting my SX700HS. As I tell all fellow photographers and internet boards, I will not be buying Canon products in the future. Too bad, once great company falters.
Announcements