Canon Community Canon Community

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Re: Connecting to Image.Canon Wifi Date Time Error

@NaturesX wrote:
Getting out of DST did not fix the error. Still getting "Set the correct date and time" This makes the camera useless.. I had a great picture and had to take a picture of the picture with my phone to share it..

You are correct.  The DST setting has absolutely no impact on the problem we are having.  With this date/time error, there is no way for us to transfer anything to the internet, and with the killing of the Image Transfer Utility, there is no way for us to transfer direct to the PC via WiFi.  I don't think they are going to provide a solution for this, as it appears they are enacting forced obsolescence on all older models in hopes that we will just buy a new model... they are wrong.

Highlighted
VIP

@skier150 wrote:

@NaturesX wrote:
Getting out of DST did not fix the error. Still getting "Set the correct date and time" This makes the camera useless.. I had a great picture and had to take a picture of the picture with my phone to share it..

You are correct.  The DST setting has absolutely no impact on the problem we are having.  With this date/time error, there is no way for us to transfer anything to the internet, and with the killing of the Image Transfer Utility, there is no way for us to transfer direct to the PC via WiFi.  I don't think they are going to provide a solution for this, as it appears they are enacting forced obsolescence on all older models in hopes that we will just buy a new model... they are wrong.

I have assumed tha all of you have installed the firmware update to actuallay enable your camera to use the new cloud.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Doctor told me to get out and walk, so I bought a Canon."
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

@Waddizzle wrote:

@skier150 wrote:

@NaturesX wrote:

I have assumed tha all of you have installed the firmware update to actuallay enable your camera to use the new cloud.

Unfortuantely Canon is not providing a firmware update for a lot of these cameras.

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

I have the new image.canin app, but I have not plugged the camera up to the computer to download any new firmware.. Can I get new firmware on Canon site and maybe will work? I will check into this. I hv the sx700 HS.. I'm still livid and haven't called yet so as not to cuss some poor soul out.. Wishing still a bad dream also..
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Are they still working on it Stephen? Is there firmware we need to download? I want a firm answer!? Is my SX700 HS just a piece of trash now or what? I'm livid!!!!!!! Answer our questions! Date/time error.. Camera has been useless and Canon giving no answers..
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Are they still working on it Stephen? Is there firmware we need to download? I want a firm answer!? Is my SX700 HS just a piece of trash now or what? I'm livid!!!!!!! Answer our questions! Date/time error.. Camera has been useless and Canon giving no answers!
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Exactly, there is no update or news about this at all.

Highlighted
New Contributor

Hi Stephen,

I am having the same problem with my PowerShot G9X Wi-Fi camera. Please help!
The image transfer utility was killed, so I cannot even transfer photos to the PC via WiFi anymore.

Best wishes from distant Poland.

Jurek Jerry Szostak

Highlighted

You'll find the compatible models on the site here: https://image.canon/st/en/connectable-models.html

If your camera isn't listed there, you won't be able to use the new Internet-based service. 

You can still use the Canon Camera Connect App on your mobile device to transfer the images from your camera to your mobile device, and then transfer from there to your favorite online service (Facebook, Instagram, Google Drive/Photos, Flickr, etc.), but if your camera isn't supported by the new image.canon service, you won't be able to use the camera to directly transfer images to the Internet.

If your camera is listed as a supported model, and you're still having trouble using the image.canon service, we recommend reaching out to support via your My Canon Account for assistance, if you're in the USA. If you're not in the USA, you'll need to find contact information for Canon in your country for assistance. Support information can be found HERE.

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

This really sucks! I begged and begged to get a Wifi camera. I don't want to download to my phone then to a different site. No more Canon's for me! Should never ever changed the format if you knew this was going to happen!!!!!!!!!!!!