cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connecting to Image.Canon Wifi Date Time Error

kmsheetmetal
Apprentice

Hi I have 2 sx530HS and both were setup with Image Gateway and all was working fine no problems until the shutdown of the server.  Today I tried to connect them to the new Image.Canon server and every time I try the update cloud button on the cameras as decribed in the setup from image.canon I get "Set the correct date and time" on both cameras.  The correct date, time and time zone is correct on the camera.  I've searched through several posts on here from others having similar issues in the past saying you need to change the camera name to something else before trying to connect, or completely reset the wireless settings like it was a brand new camera. None of that worked.  I logged into the new image.canon and deleted one of the cameras that I guess was transfered over from image gateway and that had no effect.  Am I missing something or is the service not fully up and running.  Any help would be great as our company uses these for shipping picture verifcation and manually transfering images takes a ton of time and is the only reason we bought these cameras is so we could transfer pictures automatically.

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

On Wednesday, April 15, 2020, Canon Inc. will be releasing firmware ver. 1.1.0.0 for the PowerShot SX530 HS. Download it here https://Canon.us/ltvsb

Firmware Version 1.1.0.0 incorporates the following fixes and enhancements:

1. Support for the “image.canon” cloud platform has been added.

Note: This is a required firmware update in order to enable the use of this service.

View solution in original post

106 REPLIES 106

@NaturesX wrote:
I wish we could get an answer.. Are they Covid closed maybe? Ughhh

No, they just do not want to help.  The standard answer is to call in and pay for "support".  I wonder if anyone has done this, and if they actually received a viable solution.

I spoke with a Canon "support" rep regarding my SX700HS and loss of Image.Canon web connect. I asked if Canon would update the firmware or modify their site to re-enable this feature. He told me my camera was TOO OLD, in fact NO SUPPORT would be offered. He could have cared less, in fact he was bordering on snarky.

Since then I have dissuaded many people to avoid Canon. What a shame.

@hanks424 wrote:

I spoke with a Canon "support" rep regarding my SX700HS and loss of Image.Canon web connect. I asked if Canon would update the firmware or modify their site to re-enable this feature. He told me my camera was TOO OLD, in fact NO SUPPORT would be offered. He could have cared less, in fact he was bordering on snarky.

Since then I have dissuaded many people to avoid Canon. What a shame.

That's a shame.  Did they still charge you $15 for that "support"?

I don’t believe in scrapping a perfectly good camera. So, when a few specs of dirt got between the lens elements of my SX280 HS WiFi camera I bit the bullet and returned it for an out of warranty repair.  That’s how I received my SX700 HS. Canon upgraded me with the next model for the price of a repair. That was just over four years ago, and the SX700 HS is still like new after recording more than 8,000 images. I am only disappointed that the camera outlasted iMage Gateway. It's shameful that they orphaned our cameras like this.

Several years ago Canon botched a video camera repair. After contacting them, they elected to send me a top-of-the-line replacement pro video camera no questions asked. Since then we have spent thousands on Canon. That was the OLD CANON. The NEW CANON is clueless, so we plan to buy elsewhere in the future. Plus I will go out of my way to help others make intelligent choices.

@hanks424 wrote:

Several years ago Canon botched a video camera repair. After contacting them, they elected to send me a top-of-the-line replacement pro video camera no questions asked. Since then we have spent thousands on Canon. That was the OLD CANON. The NEW CANON is clueless, so we plan to buy elsewhere in the future. Plus I will go out of my way to help others make intelligent choices.

I will be spreading the word as well.  I have about a half dozen Canon products in my house.  It is a shame they decided to do this to their once loyal customers.

Just makes me mad my camera isn't even 3 years old. I begged and begged to get one that was WIFI connectable. I love my camera and my husband did a great job picking it out.

NaturesX
Contributor
Getting out of DST did not fix the error. Still getting "Set the correct date and time" This makes the camera useless.. I had a great picture and had to take a picture of the picture with my phone to share it..

@NaturesX wrote:
Getting out of DST did not fix the error. Still getting "Set the correct date and time" This makes the camera useless.. I had a great picture and had to take a picture of the picture with my phone to share it..

At this time of the year, exiting out of DST could very well be the problem.  

All that the EOS Utility does is compare the time on the computer with the time in your camera.  It is possible to set the EOS Utility to automatically synch the camera with your PC.  But, you must still go into the camera and change the DST setting twice per year.

Because Congress now allows individual states to define their own DST time zones, and Congress keeps changing when it begins and ends, it has become a futile effort to keep updating the camera firmware to keep up with the changes.  

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

@NaturesX wrote:

You are correct.  The DST setting has absolutely no impact on the problem we are having.  With this date/time error, there is no way for us to transfer anything to the internet, and with the killing of the Image Transfer Utility, there is no way for us to transfer direct to the PC via WiFi.  I don't think they are going to provide a solution for this, as it appears they are enacting forced obsolescence on all older models in hopes that we will just buy a new model... they are wrong.

Announcements