cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connecting to Image.Canon Wifi Date Time Error

kmsheetmetal
Apprentice

Hi I have 2 sx530HS and both were setup with Image Gateway and all was working fine no problems until the shutdown of the server.  Today I tried to connect them to the new Image.Canon server and every time I try the update cloud button on the cameras as decribed in the setup from image.canon I get "Set the correct date and time" on both cameras.  The correct date, time and time zone is correct on the camera.  I've searched through several posts on here from others having similar issues in the past saying you need to change the camera name to something else before trying to connect, or completely reset the wireless settings like it was a brand new camera. None of that worked.  I logged into the new image.canon and deleted one of the cameras that I guess was transfered over from image gateway and that had no effect.  Am I missing something or is the service not fully up and running.  Any help would be great as our company uses these for shipping picture verifcation and manually transfering images takes a ton of time and is the only reason we bought these cameras is so we could transfer pictures automatically.

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

On Wednesday, April 15, 2020, Canon Inc. will be releasing firmware ver. 1.1.0.0 for the PowerShot SX530 HS. Download it here https://Canon.us/ltvsb

Firmware Version 1.1.0.0 incorporates the following fixes and enhancements:

1. Support for the “image.canon” cloud platform has been added.

Note: This is a required firmware update in order to enable the use of this service.

View solution in original post

106 REPLIES 106

@Steve0701 wrote:

@hanks424 wrote:
Stephen -- Thanks to Canon for NOT supporting my SX700HS. As I tell all fellow photographers and internet boards, I will not be buying Canon products in the future. Too bad, once great company falters.

Samsung is looking better all the time. 

Or NIKON, or SONY, or MINOLTA... anything but a Canon!

Not everyone has a phone that can handle all this apps! Not far! Trying to get it now on my phone. Not right at all!

I did everything it said to do and still can not connect to my phone. UGH UGH UGH

How come if you can connect to send your pictures to your phone those photo's don't show up in your folder at image site? My old photo's are there. I was able to connect to my phone one time. I was thrilled at that point. Then next time couldn't do it. Was just disappointed that the picture where in image when I went online on my laptop.

This seems to be a old thread but like the SX530HS my SX700HS has been showing the same-to recap:

tried to connect them to the new Image.Canon server and every time I try the update cloud button on the cameras as decribed in the setup from image.canon I get "Set the correct date and time" on both cameras.  The correct date, time and time zone is correct on the camera.  I've searched through several posts on here from others having similar issues in the past saying you need to change the camera name to something else before trying to connect, or completely reset the wireless settings like it was a brand new camera. None of that worked. 

Please tell me there is a solution, I have been saving my stuff in other ways but this would be a much more convenient way.

Thanks in advance.

My camera is otherwise still brilliant. l had gone to curry's to buy a different one!. 🙂

Nya
Apprentice
I am having the same problem with my PowerShot SX510 HS Wi-Fi camera

Same here with the 510 HS, need a soluition

callman
Apprentice

Same here, but mine is a PowerShot SX60. I can no longer connect to my wireless since the old site went down. I get the same error message "set correct date/time". The correct date/time are, in fact, set. And yes, the correct time zone is also set on the camera - I checked that, as well. The only free way to find an answer to this is here. Any ideas?

Nya
Apprentice
I feel the same way, I do not understand the need for a new website in the first place especially if it does not work

Nya
Apprentice
The original website was working just fine and I had no issues
Announcements