cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connecting my Poweshot SX40 HS to my Mac AIr

ilfod1982
Apprentice

Hi, all! I am having a problem getting my new 2018 Mac Air to recognize my old Powershot SX40 HS. Is there any software/update I need to download to get it to work? Thanks for your help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

How are you connecting it? Did you try Image Capture (in your apps folder) directly?

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

How are you connecting it? Did you try Image Capture (in your apps folder) directly?

I connected it to my Mac Air adapter (there are no USB ports in the laptop). I just ordered a card adapter, so I can insert the card directly in. I hope it works! Thanks for your help. 🙂

kvbarkley: Thank you SO much! This is the BEST solution and the easiest.Heart

Richard
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi Ilfod1982,

Thanks for posting.

With the camera connected to your computer via a USB cable, when you power the camera on in the playback mode, your camera should recognize it the camera as a "PowerShot SX40 HS".

If this doesn't occur, or you're still encountering difficulty, please contact our toll-free technical Support Department for assistance. They'll have the advantage of being able to guide you through the connection process, while following along with the camera on their side.

You may reach our Technical Support Department by calling 800-OK-CANON (652-2666), Monday - Friday 9:00 A.M. - 9:00 P.M. ET (excluding holidays).

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thanks, Richard! I found the Image Capture solution to be the easiest. Maybe you can help me decide which newer Powershot camera  to get... I want it to have WiFi capabilities and a better zoom, along with Image stabiliozation.

Announcements