cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connecting my G7X to my Mac via WiFi

LadySeph
Apprentice

Hello everyone,

I'm relatively new to cameras, at least ones that now can do so much more such as connecting via WiFi to other devices.

Thing is, I've been having this issue for the past 2 days, and I've come to notice on this community board that many other people have this similar issue. I've been attempting to connect my Canon Powershot G7X to my 13 inch Macbook Pro (retina) via WiFi to download some pics/footage I took while out of town. However, while my camera has no issue connecting to the WiFi network in my home (via WPS), whatever I do I cannot get the camera to pair up with my Mac. It searches and searches but never picks anything up. I downloaded all the software provided on the Canon website for my specific camera, and the Bluetooth in the laptop is enabled. I also downloaded CameraWindow per the instructions via iTunes, but it seems like that is only for connecting mobile devices, not laptops. 

I'm not sure if there's something else I need to download or enable, or if I'm simply not doing something correctly. 😞 If I can't figure it out, would it be possible to connect the camera via a USB cable (which none was provided in the box) to get it to work that way?

Thanks!

64 REPLIES 64

@Waddizzle wrote:
This forum is not Canon Suppport.  Call 1-800-OK-CANON.

Ok, got it! https://community.usa.canon.com/ - it's not a Canon Support area. So it is Canot Support [/sarcasm] Good luck Canon and bye-bye!

Canon has not answered the question about G7X wifi to Mac computer compatibility anywhere!!!

@rutlap wrote:

Canon has not answered the question about G7X wifi to Mac computer compatibility anywhere!!!

Call 1-800-OK-CANON.   Good Luck!

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Waddizzle, Canon Product Experts, contributing in this Canon Community have not been able to give any answeres about software updates nore about solutions to the Canon-macOS-WiFi-in-compatibility!

Fact is that Canon software has not been able to establish a WiFi connection from G7X cameras (and other canon cameras) to computers running on current macOS operating systems for many years and Canon obiously has not shown any intentions to remedy this situation!

Hello,

WiFi connections to a computer have been remodeled into the image.canon service, although I do not see that the Powershot G7x has been added to its compatibility chart. The Powershot G7x Mark II and Powershot G7x Mark III are both lsited as compatible so the list of compatible cameras may be updated but for the time being transferring images to a Mac would need to be done via a USB cable.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements