Canon Community Canon Community

New Contributor

Re: Connecting my G7X to my Mac via WiFi

@Waddizzle wrote:
This forum is not Canon Suppport.  Call 1-800-OK-CANON.

Ok, got it! https://community.usa.canon.com/ - it's not a Canon Support area. So it is Canot Support [/sarcasm] Good luck Canon and bye-bye!

Frequent Contributor

Canon has not answered the question about G7X wifi to Mac computer compatibility anywhere!!!

VIP

@rutlap wrote:

Canon has not answered the question about G7X wifi to Mac computer compatibility anywhere!!!

Call 1-800-OK-CANON.   Good Luck!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Doctor told me to get out and walk, so I bought a Canon."
Frequent Contributor

Waddizzle, Canon Product Experts, contributing in this Canon Community have not been able to give any answeres about software updates nore about solutions to the Canon-macOS-WiFi-in-compatibility!

Fact is that Canon software has not been able to establish a WiFi connection from G7X cameras (and other canon cameras) to computers running on current macOS operating systems for many years and Canon obiously has not shown any intentions to remedy this situation!

Product Expert

Hello,

WiFi connections to a computer have been remodeled into the image.canon service, although I do not see that the Powershot G7x has been added to its compatibility chart. The Powershot G7x Mark II and Powershot G7x Mark III are both lsited as compatible so the list of compatible cameras may be updated but for the time being transferring images to a Mac would need to be done via a USB cable.