cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connecting Powershot A3500 IS to PC via Wi-Fi

PurpleSkull
Apprentice

I have a Powershot A3500 IS with wi-fi. My PC has Windows 7 x64. I am able to connect it to Facebook and Flickr. I can also use the 'send via server' option, where it sends a picture to my computer via Canon Image Gateway. The only thing I can't do is connect it to my PC to transfer an image directly. I have gone through all the settings as described in the user manual and used the 'wi-fi connection setup' program from within the CameraWindow folder on the start menu.

Here's what happens: I choose the PC icon. I choose 'add a device'. It finds my wireless network (which I previously set up), then it says 'searching' on the 'search for device' screen for 4 or 5 minutes. Eventually, it finds my computer, and I select it. I select it. It goes to the 'connecting' screen, says 'connected device: [my computer name]' for a few minutes. Then it says 'connection failed'.

Any help with this is very much appreciated. Thank you! 🙂

2 REPLIES 2

smack53
Mentor

About the only thing that comes to mind is maybe the wireless router settings need to be changed. I had mine so secure I couldn't get my iPod to log in with all the proper credentials until my sons changed a couple of settings.

John_
Authority

What version of Windows 7 do you have, it will not work with Home Basic or the Starter versions.

It sounds like you got to the point I attached below, did you go thru the other instructins it lists after it found your computer, start menu, control panel etc. ?

Capture5.JPG

Announcements