cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connecting G7x Mk1 to desktop PC wirelessly

Cantello
Apprentice

After the shutdown of Canon's Image Gateway (and the shutdown of eye-fi, which I used as well), how would I use the built-in Wifi of my G7x to transfer photos to my desktop computer?

Apparently, my camera being the Mk I, it is not possible to use the new imaging service, but how else would I use the wifi connection?

When I try to connect to my computer it just says "Set the correct date & time" - which I did, of course.

I do not need a gateway or an imaging service to store my photos online or upload photos while outdoors, just at home, connecting the camera without a cable. How is this possible?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Nick2020
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi Cantello,

Thanks for checking in with us!

As you suggested, our CANON iMAGE GATEWAY is no longer active, but if you're on a Windows computer, you can still use CameraWindow on your computer to wirelessly receive images from your camera.

To get the software, let's start by going to www.powershot.com.

On the new page that loads, click on DRIVERS & DOWNLOADS link on the top right. Enter your camera model in the prompt, select it from the options that load under the box, and then press the GO button.

When the camera page loads, click on the DRIVERS & DOWNLOADS heading, if it is not already selected. At this point you'll see an option for CameraWindow.

Follow the prompts on screen for downloading and installing.

You can then set up your camera by referencing the illustrated steps in the manual that start on page 134.

For your reference, here's the link for the online manual:

http://gdlp01.c-wss.com/gds/3/0300016123/01/psg7x-cu-en.pdf

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Nick2020
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi Cantello,

Thanks for checking in with us!

As you suggested, our CANON iMAGE GATEWAY is no longer active, but if you're on a Windows computer, you can still use CameraWindow on your computer to wirelessly receive images from your camera.

To get the software, let's start by going to www.powershot.com.

On the new page that loads, click on DRIVERS & DOWNLOADS link on the top right. Enter your camera model in the prompt, select it from the options that load under the box, and then press the GO button.

When the camera page loads, click on the DRIVERS & DOWNLOADS heading, if it is not already selected. At this point you'll see an option for CameraWindow.

Follow the prompts on screen for downloading and installing.

You can then set up your camera by referencing the illustrated steps in the manual that start on page 134.

For your reference, here's the link for the online manual:

http://gdlp01.c-wss.com/gds/3/0300016123/01/psg7x-cu-en.pdf

Thanks for the reply, I completely forgot about the CameraWindow software. Even though it was quite difficult to install the software in Win10 and to get it working, it was successful eventually.

Announcements