cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connect app doesn’t work!

nataliedietter
Apprentice
I’ve had my PowerShot 530 for almost 6 months. I had the Canon Connect app and everything worked perfect, about a month ago I got a new phone. I downloaded the app on my new phone and tried to connect it to my camera and it never works. The Wifi pops up and i click on it, it tells me i’m connected so I open the Canon app and it never connects. I’ve probably tired 10 times this month and it does the same thing every time! Please tell me what i’m doing wrong
6 REPLIES 6

newsense52
Rising Star

After the two devices are connected to each other, press the preview button of the camera.

Make sure that your camera and phone are connected to the same router.

nataliedietter
Apprentice
the two devices don’t connect to eachother. at all. nothing comes up on the app and if i click the preview button the whole camera turns off.

@nataliedietter wrote:
the two devices don’t connect to eachother. at all. nothing comes up on the app and if i click the preview button the whole camera turns off.

Unless you reset the “connection data” in the camera, it is still trying to connect to your old phone.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

The wifi of your phone app do not match with the camera app. Ask  your phone service provider about this problem. Try to set up from the begining again and see what happens.

" two devices don’t connect to each other"

If your phone is having iOS - canon app is not compatible.

nataliedietter
Apprentice
How do you reset the connection data?
Announcements