cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Concert PIX : SX 500 IS vs SX 510 HS : Better to have lower / higher megapixels? Thank you! :)

MissRubySFO
Apprentice

I am thinking of getting a new point and shoot.  I have a SEVEN YEAR old cybershot Sony.   No flash photography ... and I so wanted to capture this shot ... which I did a blurry mess! Woman Sad  I have a CANON EOS REBEL ... but when attending concerts ... I need a point & shoot.  I want the best for my money ... roughly $300.00 or less ... if possible! Woman Happy

DSC05980 copyTSknees.jpgI am debating about the SX series of Canon cameras.  I am not sure of two things ...

IS vs HS ... What is the difference between Image Stablization and High Speed for Concert low light photography?

12.1 vs 16.0 ... Is it best to have a LOWER or HIGHER Megapixels for concert photography?

I am self taught.  I have the 'eye' for capturing a great image ... I just am not sure of the technical aspects of a camera!

Thank you soooooooooo much for this forum!

Miss Ruby

Peace & Love! ❤️

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

cicopo
Elite

A clean high ISO will be more important then pixel count & more imortantly as pixel count goes up so does edge smear from motion or camera shake. IF everything else was equal a camera with 50% more pixels would have a softer image of the exact same shot.

"A skill is developed through constant practice with a passion to improve, not bought."

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

cicopo
Elite

A clean high ISO will be more important then pixel count & more imortantly as pixel count goes up so does edge smear from motion or camera shake. IF everything else was equal a camera with 50% more pixels would have a softer image of the exact same shot.

"A skill is developed through constant practice with a passion to improve, not bought."

Thank you for your comment cicopo. I am not sure if. I should even consider either of these cameras, let alone a Canon, based upon your statement of ISO. I am passionate alright! I created a poster from 2 of my photos (taken with my, then 4 year old SONY Cybershot) at a Roger Waters' performance, 03DEC10 & I was lucky enough to have him autograph it 5 days later, at his next show! It now hangs on my living room wall! 😉 I still have my 1st camera, a Kodak 134 Instamatiic, from the 4th grade. I was roughly 8 years old then. I will be 55 on November 5th. Even with 47 years of practice, I am not above learning what I am passionate about. PEACE & LOVE!
Announcements