Canon Community Canon Community

Highlighted
New Contributor

Color profile for PowerShot A610

I copy photos from my PowerShot A610 camera to my computer for editing, saving, and printing. I would like to know what color profile (like RGB or sRGB) Canon uses for this camera. I want to install a like color profile on my computer and printer so the colors display the same. Thanks for your help, Taryn.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: Color profile for PowerShot A610

Since the camera doesn't allow you to choose (and the choices for the top-end cameras are sRGB or AdobeRGB) the cmarea is almost certainly sRGB.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Rebel T5i, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, MX472, LR Classic
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

AND if you don't have a monitor that can properly display Adobe RGB then you can't use it to it's full potential. When a Canon camera is producing files using sRGB the file number starts with a letter such as IMG. but when set to Adobe RGB it starts with an underscore as in _MG so everyone can tell which style of file was produced. .

"A skill is developed through constant practice with a passion to improve, not bought."
Highlighted
New Contributor

Thanks so much for your help and information. The images on my sd card use the IMG_1234.JPG file name and of course this camera doesn't give me a choice of color profile. sRGB works for my editing program and other devices, so I'm good. Thanks again Smiley Happy, Taryn