cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Color profile for PowerShot A610

taryn
Apprentice

I copy photos from my PowerShot A610 camera to my computer for editing, saving, and printing. I would like to know what color profile (like RGB or sRGB) Canon uses for this camera. I want to install a like color profile on my computer and printer so the colors display the same. Thanks for your help, Taryn.

3 REPLIES 3

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Since the camera doesn't allow you to choose (and the choices for the top-end cameras are sRGB or AdobeRGB) the cmarea is almost certainly sRGB.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

AND if you don't have a monitor that can properly display Adobe RGB then you can't use it to it's full potential. When a Canon camera is producing files using sRGB the file number starts with a letter such as IMG. but when set to Adobe RGB it starts with an underscore as in _MG so everyone can tell which style of file was produced. .

"A skill is developed through constant practice with a passion to improve, not bought."

taryn
Apprentice

Thanks so much for your help and information. The images on my sd card use the IMG_1234.JPG file name and of course this camera doesn't give me a choice of color profile. sRGB works for my editing program and other devices, so I'm good. Thanks again :), Taryn

Announcements