cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Clicking sound when recording Video

RoLoMa
Contributor

When I record video, a clicking/whirring noise made by the camera is recorded on the video. I'm thinking it's the autofocus, or zoom (although it seems to make the noise even if I am not using the zoom.)

Any ideas on what is causing this or how to get rid of it?

Thanks!

15 REPLIES 15

To be honest, I did very little video, and never paid any attention to it. And I figured it was just a setting I needed to change. Since they aren't making SX50s anymore, I could opt for a refurbished one...but if I can't get rid of the noise, I guess I'll just live with it...I have 3 other Canons,but this is the one I use the most.

My SX50 made sounds taking pics (focus system) i did'nt think normal, nothing i ever heard in any of my other cameras (i've had 7, P&S Canons).  But I was told at canon support it was normal for the SX50.  I had got it refurbished at the canon store, and figured I was just unlucky in the draw (in % of lemons), and got rid of it for a new SX60.  Returning it under warranty for repair would have been no good, since I was already told this noise was normal.  It would have just been sent back as it was.    This experience has kinda turned me sour on refub cameras.  I will still try refub lens though.   Good luck my friend, better luck with your next one.

Thanks for your input. I kept reading that the noise was normal for SX50 too. But after I heard the noise from 2 other SX50s...they were much quieter than mine, that's when I realized mine was noisier than it should be. Oh well. I have others to use...and I don't do too much video. Guess I'll just hold out...wonder what the SX70 might offer! Good luck to you too!

@RoLoMa wrote:
 Guess I'll just hold out...wonder what the SX70 might offer! Good luck to you too!

Had'nt heard about a SX70, what have you heard???   I was thinking about getting one of the newer super zoom P&S with the larger sensor.  I've read good things about those, great zoom and IQ, one even has 4K HD. 

I haven't heard anything about an SX70...I'm just hoping they continue the line and make a few improvements that some of us are holding out for. Until now, I hadn't thought much about what my next purchase might be...lots of good choices out there, that's for sure!

What particular features are you hoping to see come to the next generation SX HS P&S???  Just what features were you holding out for???

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements