cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cleaning PowerShot SX740 HS lens

cristianmendoza
Apprentice

About a month and a half ago i got raindrops on the lens of my PowerShot SX740 HS. They left a mark after they dried. I tried cleaning it off with a microfiber cloth. That didn't work. I also used a blower to get dust off before i used the cloth. I then applied some Bower lens cleaning liquid to the microfiber cloth. That did the trick. I know that one should not use glasses cleaning solution on camera lenses. I'm wondering if this applies to the lens of the PowerShot SX740 HS, because i have applied glasses cleaning solution that contains Isopropanol on the same cloth I used for the camera lens. Although i did not use it to clean the camera lens. I'm wondering if this would damage the lens,

1 REPLY 1

Mark35mmF2
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi there,

These newer lenses are going to be more resilient when it comes to things like this, but its still a good idea to avoid as much unecessary contact with other solvents as possible. In your case I would not worry too much about this one instance, but keeping a clean lens cleaning cloth on hand to wipe the lens before anything solidifies on it would be best.

Announcements