Canon Community Canon Community

New Contributor
Accepted Solution

Chromebook, which software to download?

I have a Canon Powershot A480 and want to download software to my Chromebook so I can upload pics.  I used to have a PC but now I don't know what software to download.  It is the Chrome OS but that's all I know.  Can you help?

Honored Contributor

Re: Chromebook, which software to download?

http://www.pcworld.com/article/2885579/5-free-tools-for-editing-images-on-a-chromebook.html

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X, Rebel T5i, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, MX472, LRCC Classic
New Contributor

Thanks!  The article you linked to made me realize I can just attach the camera to the Chromebook and it will ask me if I want to upload the pics.  I thought I had to install separate software.

Super Contributor

thanks , you saved me allot of money, thought I had to buy an external hard drive to dl the software from cannon
Highlighted
Super Contributor

I can't thank you enough for this article you posted, saved me lots of money.  Thought I'd have to buy an external hard drive to

download the software from cannon.  ANY more help you would like to add, I would greatly appreciate, new to digital photography.