cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cant see .CR2 Files

MilesPNZ
Apprentice

I have recently purchased a G7X Mark II and cannot view the photos in Windows 10.

I am saving in the .CR2 RAW format.

Both Windows 10 and Abode Lightroom cannot see the files. However I can see the sample image that is supplied on Canons website that was taken with the G7X Mark II.

Not sure what to do. Any help is appreciated!

3 REPLIES 3

cicopo
Elite

Did you install the version of DPP that came with your camera of check with Adobe for an updated version of Camera RAW? Every new camera gets a new version of the CR2 file system which won't be recognized by earlier software.

"A skill is developed through constant practice with a passion to improve, not bought."

diverhank
Authority

@MilesPNZ wrote:

I have recently purchased a G7X Mark II and cannot view the photos in Windows 10.

I am saving in the .CR2 RAW format.

Both Windows 10 and Abode Lightroom cannot see the files. However I can see the sample image that is supplied on Canons website that was taken with the G7X Mark II.

Not sure what to do. Any help is appreciated!

1.  Windows 10 cannot see the RAW format unless you install a driver (if available from Canon).

2.  If you have the current Light Room, you should be able to view the G7X II raw files.  Adobe LR supports this camera since June 2016.  Try updating the camera raw feature for Light Room.  If you have an older LR version, you might not be able to update.  In that case, you can download a RAW to DNG converter from Adobe for free and convert your CR2 to DNG (adobe RAW format).  DNG is compatible with most LR versions.

================================================
Diverhank's photos on Flickr

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

Some versions of Windows 10 do not come with Windows Media Player, which brings a number of media device drivers to the table when it is installed.  If you do not have it, then you can download it for free from Microsoft.  

In certain countries aroiund the world, including most of the European nations, the Windows 10 PCs do not include WMP.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."
Announcements