cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon powershot SX730 HS

raindaisy1318
Apprentice
I just recently bought a canon powershot sx730hs and it's saying there is no memory card in and there is we just bought a brand new one, is there anything we can do to fix this problem?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

John_
Authority

Is it a full-size SD card or a micro card in an adapter? Those micros in an adapter can cause problems like this and a full-sized card is always a better choice. You could have a bad card or somehow dirt got into the SD card slot or worse a faulty new camera. Look in the SD card slot for signs of dirt or something and try another full-size card with fingers crossed. If not then it is time to give Canon a call for warranty service unless you can bring the camera back to where you bought it for an exchange. If they will only repair it then I would try and deal with Canon direct it will shorten the wait time.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

John_
Authority

Is it a full-size SD card or a micro card in an adapter? Those micros in an adapter can cause problems like this and a full-sized card is always a better choice. You could have a bad card or somehow dirt got into the SD card slot or worse a faulty new camera. Look in the SD card slot for signs of dirt or something and try another full-size card with fingers crossed. If not then it is time to give Canon a call for warranty service unless you can bring the camera back to where you bought it for an exchange. If they will only repair it then I would try and deal with Canon direct it will shorten the wait time.

raindaisy1318
Apprentice
Thank you so much for your help! I had let my husband go get the memory card so he got a micro I normally don't use those so tomorrow we will be getting a full sized SD card I hope that was the problem. Also does it need to be a certian gb? Like 64gb or 32gb?

Your welcome! As far as the capacity of the card that's just your preference and I prefer no larger than 32GB 

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements