cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon Utilities Camera Window DC has encountered a problem and needs to close

Joelbrg
Apprentice

I just purchased Powershot SX260 HS. I loaded the software and all works except the Camera Window. I keep getting the message encountered a problem and needs to close. I have tried uninstalling all of the software on my PC related to canon (this is not my first canon) and reinstalling the software that came with the sx260 but this did not work. Any suggestions?

Joel

4 REPLIES 4

Mykolas
Authority

Joelbrg,

Sorry to hear you are can't get Camera Window to work.  I am more than happy to help.

What operating system is running on your computer?

If this is a time sensitive-matter, additional support options are available at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I have this same error after successfully downloading 1000's  of pics from a Canon S100 & SX260HS using Zoombrowser.   I have un- and reinstalled Zoombrowser on my XP operating system. I have not knowingly made any changes to my OS recently.  I can successfully copy the pics with a SD card reader.  Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Hi BrianT!

Please download the update to CameraWindow DC 8.8 from the Canon USA website below:

http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/consumer/products/cameras/digital_cameras/powershot_sx260_hs#DriversAn...

If this is a time sensitive-matter, additional support options are available at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Hello,

I still shows the same table

I have Canon ixus 860

windows xp
Announcements