cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon SX50 - in Program Mode (with RAW) are you able to review the photo after you take it?

LParis
Apprentice

Just purchased my camera and have thoroughly read the manual.  I want to work in Program mode so that I can shoot in RAW.  However, I cannot seem to figure out what combo of functions/menus I can use so that I can get a review of my photo after I take it.  The review function works fine in Auto Mode - but in Auto Mode, I can't shoot in RAW.  Anyone?

thanks

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

smack53
Mentor

You should be able to press the review button to the right of the optical viewfinder to view images regardless of what mode you're in. It should not matter if the image is RAW or JPEG as well. I assume you have gone into the menu and made sure that you don't have the review setting to off. 

Steve M.

View solution in original post

that's what I thought - but apparently I had to set the option in Auto mode before going to Program mode.  thanks for your reply.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

smack53
Mentor

You should be able to press the review button to the right of the optical viewfinder to view images regardless of what mode you're in. It should not matter if the image is RAW or JPEG as well. I assume you have gone into the menu and made sure that you don't have the review setting to off. 

Steve M.

that's what I thought - but apparently I had to set the option in Auto mode before going to Program mode.  thanks for your reply.

Announcements