cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon SX50 HS half of a picture covered up by something?

Joey1
Contributor

I have a Canon SX50 HS and I was taking a timelapse with CHDK. I came back to the camera and it looked the last of the pictures had something blocking them. More than half of the picture looked like a blade of grass was in the way. I took out the memory card and the part that was blocked was still there. 

Does anybody know what's happening? And how can I fix it?

IMG_3517.JPG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Yes, I did see that video when the problem came to be. Definitely a last minute resort.

I'm going to be doing a photo shoot of ducklings hatching and that's why I needed the camera fixed as soon as I could.

Thanks to everyone this helped me figure this out!

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14

Ok, looking into the camera it looks like some type of ring is loose.DSCF2017-min.JPG

Hard to see from that picture but I'll take your word for it.

Then I whacked the lens again and it's not working perfectly!  Did you mean to say it is working perfectly? If it is let us hope it does not come back. I saw a You Tube video of a guy taking an SX50HS apart to get to the lens. A very good video, one of the best I've seen for anything like that. He was concise, did not feel the need to talk too much as many do and was very clear on instructions. 30-minute video and to attempt doing what he did is not for the faint-hearted. I did find it very interesting to watch and it does verify why repair charges for these cameras are high.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gje1QFH0f3w&index=2&list=WL&t=0s

Yes, I did see that video when the problem came to be. Definitely a last minute resort.

I'm going to be doing a photo shoot of ducklings hatching and that's why I needed the camera fixed as soon as I could.

Thanks to everyone this helped me figure this out!

Your welcome and let us hope your camera does not kwack up during the shoot! 🙂

Announcements