cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon SX 720 "check network settings" error message

Nagal
Contributor

Although this camera takes great pictures I have found the wifi and internet feature to be problematic. It continually has issues forcing me to go to the Image Gateway site and delete and reestablish email and Facebook settings etc. It seems to happen randomly and I cannot find a pattern, except it keeps recurring and is a pain in the neck to keep addressing. Now I am getting a "check network settings" error message and I cannot seem to resolve or find anything that addresses the problem. My internet is working fine including all devices in the home. My camera was also working fine until a few days ago when it developed this message. I have tried all my old fixes to no avail. I canceled the network settings and reentered the network settings and just can't get the camera to function in this capacity. I can't upload anything. Please help!

6 REPLIES 6

sanddweller
Apprentice

I've been having the same issues with my SX530 HS. 

Hi Sanddweller,

Thanks for posting.

The Canon iMAGE Gateway, which is required for the wireless transfer of images, was taken down for maintenance, however our technicians ran into difficulties requiring additional work. At this point, we expect the work to be completed Wednesday, May 30th or so.

As a work-around, you may still transfer images using your camera's USB terminal. The USB terminal, on PowerShot cameras, is underneath a cover on the right-hand side of the camera (as you're holding the camera to take a photo).

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Hi Richard, It is happening  that a router virus is affecting all over the globe and do your team consider this as a source of malfunction of wireless problems? 

laurase
Apprentice

Same problem, same camera. 

This started when website was down for maintenance.  Am unable to connect on any of my usual networks although it looks like camera is connecting to wifi

Tski01
Apprentice

Same here,  camera connects fine to wifi, printer and computer but continuously displays "check network settings" when trying to upload to cloud "Canon image gateway".  Very frustrated!

davidemartin
Apprentice

This has been happening to me today. It was working fine before. It must be a problem on the Canon server side.

Announcements