cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon Powershot sx50 hs Squeaky Zoom

Radmite
Apprentice

This is my first post here and I only decided to do this because I couldn't find anyone with a similar problem.  My Canon Powershot sx50 hs has a fantastic zoom, but it squeaks whenever I use the zoom control switch.  It sounds like a squeaky wheel or something of the sort.  It is rather annoying and it can be clearly heard while recording videos.  I was just hoping someone could help/enlighten me about my problem.  Thanks!

By the way:  My camera is only about a month old and it hasn't been damaged, dropped, or tampered with.

11 REPLIES 11

The camera is brand new, just opened the packing. No signs of scratches or sand. Will take it to the Canon dealer and see what he says , else will return it, as I don't want to apply spray or any lub , as it may give cause for warranty to be null n void. Hope the problem can be solved as I'm really excited about the new camera can't wait to make full use of it

Return it then and dont mess with it it will surely void your warranty. Depending on the stores policy they should just swap it out with a new one, try not to settle for a repair or definitely not a refurb. Check you receipt and see what the policy is..and yes it is a great camera so I know how anxious you are. It is also a solid camera, these things happen no matter what or where you buy it from. Also consider an extendy warranty with accidental damage protection insurance. I get all mine from SquareTrade.

Best of results to you Nam !!

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements