Canon Community Canon Community

New Contributor

Canon Powershot sx430 IS vs Canon Powershot sx530 HS?

Im completely new to photography,

I have never owned a good camera before. I want to take photos of wildlife mainly; birds and insects. I'd also like to take photos of landscapes and surroundings. Good night photos would be nice also.

I have found these two cameras in the title, which look quite good to me. I have a budget of around £200.

Which of these cameras will be better for what I want, or is there a better camera out there that I have missed?

Thanks.

VIP

Re: Canon Powershot sx430 IS vs Canon Powershot sx530 HS?

@Kevin251 wrote:

Im completely new to photography,

I have never owned a good camera before. I want to take photos of wildlife mainly; birds and insects. I'd also like to take photos of landscapes and surroundings. Good night photos would be nice also.

I have found these two cameras in the title, which look quite good to me. I have a budget of around £200.

Which of these cameras will be better for what I want, or is there a better camera out there that I have missed?

Thanks.

What you are looking for a camera to do far exceeds the capabilities of the cameras you have listed.  In fact, you wish list exceeds the capabilities of most entry level interchangeable lens cameras bodies.

I think you need to save up to at least twice your stated budget, and looki into buying a used DSLR: like a 7D or 5D, or even a 50D or 60D.  

Your next "problem" will be getting the right LENSES for your immediate needs.  One lens cannot do any and every thing a photographer might want to do.  This is the main reason why your initial choices come up short of the mark.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Doctor told me to get out and walk, so I bought a Canon."
Super Contributor

Re: Canon Powershot sx430 IS vs Canon Powershot sx530 HS?

My wife got a SX530 HD a few years ago. It has served us well for photos of vacations, grandkids, etc. The SX has a fixed lens so additional lenses are out of the picture (no pun intended). I now have an DSLR entry camera, T7, that is good. I'm sure those who are more versed in Canon products will chime in here. Good luck with your decision.