cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon Powershot SX530 won’t start

Farhio
Apprentice
I’ve trued to start and turn it on many times but it won’t work. I’ve fully charged the battery and still won’t work. Please help
2 REPLIES 2

Richard
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi Farhio,

I regret the delay in answering your inquiry.

Based on your description, it sounds like your camera will require service to correct this issue. You may set up the repair of your camera at this site: https://www.usa.canon.com/repair. When accessing our site, we recommend the use of updated versions of the Chrome or Firefox browsers.

Once on our site, click on "Request Product Repair". On the next page, begin entering your camera's model, then select the appropriate model, when it appears below. Next, fill in the information on this page, and those that follow.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

John_
Authority

Even though your battery indicated it was charged it still could be faulty. The least expensive thing to try would be a new Canon battery, not a generic brand.. That's where I would start. You can also try turning it on without an SD card in it just in case your SD card is causing a problem. One last thought is can you turn the camera on using the Play button and not the On/Off button? Before you send it in for repairs which are very costly Canon is selling these new for $249 and elsewhere you can find them for less.

Announcements