cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon PowerShot SX60HS night scene

Metal
Contributor

In my previous camera Sony HX300V I have had a twilight scene [handheld and tripod with built in flash] feature which helped me to capture night scene at a drammatic mode without any further changes in camera settings.

But my question is there an way out to capture or bring same quality pictures in Canon sx60 HS in night scene mode or I need to make adjustments in camera manually ?

Can any expert advice and guide on how to capture twlight pictures pls. in my camera .....

May be something like bellow.

twilight.jpg

4 REPLIES 4

John_
Authority

I have captured some very good night scenes with my SX50HS using program mode a tripod and a remote shutter release switch. Use the flexizone focus to move and place your focus box on an area with enough detail to focus nicely on.The remote shutter release swithces are fairly cheap, about $20 even for ones that take time lapse pictures wired or wireless. I think yours has the 2,5mm diameter remote shuuter input like mine.

Others will chime in also

lly3988
Rising Star

You may try the "Handheld Night Scene" in the SCN mode (mode dial)

See explanation in P.59 of the manual.

yes I have tried the handheld night scene but it can not bring the yellow dim light flever in my picture without being retourched in photoshop.  in camera it becomes too much dark with light looks scary. Camera is unable to capture Blue neon sign of a shop or yellow light from a lightpost....

You may need to adjust the custom white balance to achieve what you are looking for. There  is an explanation of this procedure on pages 77-78 of the user manual.

Steve M.

Announcements