cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon PowerShot SX60 HS

Metal
Contributor

Is there any hope we will be seeing the Successor of SX50HS in upcoming NAB show ?

Planning to buy a Bridge Camera on April next month and Canon was always my first choice.

SX 40 HS Release Date: September 2011

SX 50 HS Release Date: September 2012
And SX 60 HS, it's April 2014 coming and no news of any possible release date, Canon really disapponted us. Man Sad

Can we expect Canon will bring a signaficant time changing technology after this long wait ?

Both The SX40 and SX50 has same 12 MegaPixel so expecting to have a increase in Pixel.
SX 40 has 35X Optical zoom while SX 50 has 50X so trend saying SX 60 will have 60X optical zoom.

What others we might expect

A new Image processor ?

Bigger LCD panel at back
better lens with improved autofocus and aperture ?

What you all pro people are guessing ? Thanks

25 REPLIES 25

MarioV
Contributor

Canon should innovate.  Put a 1/1.7" sensor in the SX60 and PLEASE improve the EVF.

It doesnt matter if its slightly larger and heavier.  

How about something like 25-800mm, 1/1.7" sensor,  constant f/2.8?  

Possible?

Yes agreed Canon can reduce the zoom but offer us a better lens close to DSLR I think zoom of 40X is enough if it comes with premium glass with good aperture value. Bridge camera defination has been changed to high zoom then more to more zoom. Thus Lens innovation has been neglected.

Improvement of Electronic viewfinder and LCD is very much needed. We can also demand of a  Multi purpose/interface Hot Shoe for accessories of DSLR to attach.

Aperture28
Apprentice

Hi all,

I love Canon superzoom Powershot family, I own S5, SX1, SX40 and SX50. (it's a hobby I keep them all) And I can't wait for SX60. What I would really love is:

1. More zoom enchancements (x60 or more) best would be getting 20mm ultrawide and 1600mm ultrazoom(35mm equivalent) the more the better for me.

2. Definitively better EVF! This is bothering me since S5 till now.

3. Faster, better picture quality (overall but mostly in lowlight), at least 30frames/s in 1080p -> sensor enchancements + Digic 6 should do the job.

4. Bring back mount for filters(I know it was not officially there but it was in all cameras including SX40 - I have lots of filters including Circular Polariser which I still use wih SX40 but I can't on SX50 - I do not know why some 'wise' guy took it off from SX50 - bring it back, please)

I do not care about:

1. Better resolution. With this sensor size 12MP is fine for me.

2. RAW as I use CHDK anyway.

3. Printed manual.

It would be great to see a supreme quality ultrazoom similar to SX1 with all SX60 features + extras.

In some distant future I would love to see your x100 zoom patent applied;) (18mm-1800mm) with 1/2.3" sensor.

Also another product line with super zoom but 1/1.7" sensor and I do not care if this camera would be larger and heavier. Just bring it on!

Always your fan.

I think Canon should make an effort to better design the Auto White Balance that is not working very well on the SX50 HS. I have tested the camera in different lightng situations and it has a predominant yellow effect on picture taken on AWB. Hope this will be improved on the on SX60 HS

1. Less Noise
  2. Sharp and bright pictures
  3. Amazing battery power system to record videos and pictures with FLASH
  4. of course 60X+
  5. improved macro
  6. HS = improved and better HighSpeed video recording at HD quality

ripleyAR5
Apprentice

Im just hoping canon get rid of that stupid wurly wheel and go back to rocking d pad like on the sx3is / sx5is, the wurly wheel is to hit and miss and no good for people with hand disabilitys . 

Outspoken1
Apprentice

I would like to see a GPS installed so my photos would be tagged to the location. Everyone seems to be adding Wifi. Why? Rarely am I somewhere where I can upload via free WiFi. SD card storge is proven technology and I can upload photos to all my computers or laptop or tablet via the USB or SD card port.

I really love the SXxx HS series and I am looking forward to this new contender. Might make a great Christmas present to myself!

Bodooke
Apprentice

Disappointment with SX60. Just the facts:

The SX40 was and remains an excellent camera superzoom (bridge). Then Canon released the SX50 with smaller opening and no one liked it: darker lens. So much so that most people who had not migrated to the SX40 to SX50. If they check the website, the SX40 has 4.8 points in the evaluation of the users and the SX50 has only 4.4 points.

Everybody who ever used the superzoom Canon SX60 was waiting for the back to have clear lens with aperture of f / 2.7, but unfortunately that's not what happened. Continues with the opening of only f / 3.4.

Everyone expected the SX60 come with larger sensor 1 / 1.7 "and the Canon remained the same 1 / 1.23". Even worse, the increased number of pixels in sensor and decreased the ISO value !!! Really, you can not understand the Canon. Okay that improved viewfinder (viewfinder), but that competing cameras have already made long ago.

My opinion is that for me the superzoom cameras canon quality only goes up to the SX40 HS. Above that is only disappointment. How can decrease the aperture, lower ISO value and increase the amount of pixels without increasing the size of the image sensor ??

I know it is early for such an analysis, it is okay to wait and see photos posted by users of the SX60 and also reviews of specialized sites, but by the way it will happen that happened with the SX50: You see dozens of photos and ends not convincing and continues with the SX40.

The clear impression is that the SX60 is just a "makeup" SX50. Unfortunately.

65x zoom with Intelligent IS,

16.1 megapixel 1/2" CMOS sensor,

DIGIC 6 Image processor,

1080p60 videos,

RAW support,

built-in Wi-Fi with NFC. 

Announcements