Canon Community Canon Community

New Contributor

Re: Canon PowerShot Elph 300 HS displays communication error when connected to computer via USB

After switching transfer cables from another Canon and determined it was not the cable, I took my card [Sandisk ultra 32gig] out and swapped for another which I'd been using in a Lumix.

Both cards worked in the other camera and transferred OK from cameras to PC via either cable. Problem Solved!?  .... My suspicion is that the flash memory had a problem with it's firmware.

I experienced a JPEG transfer problem with a very similar Sandisk memory in an ASUS MEMO tablet.

Sandisk sent me a replacement N/C.

New Contributor

Re: Canon PowerShot Elph 300 HS displays communication error when connected to computer via USB

You probably have too many pictures on your memory card. This happened to me as well when I maxed out the card memory. You have to get a card reader that will read the memory card and you have to take enough photos off it that the error goes away.
New Contributor

You probably have too many pictures on your memory card. This happened to me as well when I maxed out the card memory. You have to get a card reader that will read the memory card and you have to take enough photos off it that the error goes away.
New Contributor

New Contributor

I have a similar problem.  I am on Win 10.  My camera is recognized in the device manager but not recognized by the Canon software.  This only started two days ago.  What changed?  Is it a new update for the software that is causing this?

Highlighted
New Contributor

I now have this problem on Windows 10. Tried restart, different cable, different USB port. The driver does not load when the camera is connected and turned on. There was an upgrade of Win10 recently, did the driver get deleted?