cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon PS ELPH 150- How to override Red Eye Correction

RedAnn
Apprentice

How do you override the "Red Eye Correction" when it displays, "cannot be modified"? Is there no "manual" way to correct red eye?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Try the software approach. You'll find you can correct red eye, horizons, exposure etc very quickly once you play around with Picasa. I use it for the majority of my editing & I have to edit many 1000's of photos per year.

"A skill is developed through constant practice with a passion to improve, not bought."

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

cicopo
Elite

I don't have that camera but I'm not sure I understand your problem. Are you trying to prevent the camera from doing the red eye correction OR are you looking for a way to fix things when the camera doesn't get it right?

"A skill is developed through constant practice with a passion to improve, not bought."

I am looking to correct red eye that it does not do.

If you use a PC you can download Picasa (a free editing program which I like) & use it. Picasa has a lot of very easy to use functions, plus it's a nice library organizer. The Canon software bundled with the camera may also do it but because I've used Picasa for so long I haven't put any effort in learning the Canon programs other than DPP. 

http://picasa.google.com/

Thanks. I just don't know why I can't manually add frames to correct the red eye the way I did with my older Canon Power Shot

Try the software approach. You'll find you can correct red eye, horizons, exposure etc very quickly once you play around with Picasa. I use it for the majority of my editing & I have to edit many 1000's of photos per year.

Announcements