cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon NB-10L battery for G-15. I need a replacement. What do the 920mAm etc. mean

tombloom
Apprentice

My G-15 original battery, NB-10L is failing.  When I look for a replacement, the numbers after the 7.4Voltage don't match.  Is this important.  My original says 920mAh 6.8Wh(Li-on).    Replacements I'm looking at on line, while still 7.4 V, say things like 1300mAh 9.6Wh(Li-om).      Is this a critical difference, or will the replacements still work and not hurt the camera?  Tom Bloom

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thank you!!    Set my heart at rest.  A perfect answer, I appreciate it.   Tom

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

smack53
Mentor

Tom,

The important numbers are the NB-10L and the 7.4v. The other numbers are for the milliamp hours and Watt-hours. The higher the number, the longer the battery should last. It's an indicator of how much power the battery can store. Many times, the original battery that comes with the camera are not as long lasting as the replacements simply because they are cheaper for the manufacurer to include. It's kind of like the battery for your car. A 72 month battery holds more charge than a 60 month battery, and is more expensive to buy. So in your case, the replacement 1300mAh battery will last longer per charge than the original 920mAh battery.

Steve M.

Thank you!!    Set my heart at rest.  A perfect answer, I appreciate it.   Tom

Announcements