Canon Community Canon Community

New Contributor

Canon G7X - is it possible to get a cable to connect the battery charger to a USB port?

I want to charge my batteries from my solar charger and external power bank, which requires USB connections. Any ideas?

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Canon G7X - is it possible to get a cable to connect the battery charger to a USB port?

Does your solar charger and external power bank have the ability to provide 12v power?

Canon does not make a charger other than the dedicated AC charger.  But there is a 3rd party charger that can charge the battery from either an AC source of a 12v DC source (it comes with a cigarette lighter type plug in addition to the AC plug).  Search for "NB-13L charger".

Tim Campbell
5D III, 5D IV, 60Da
New Contributor

Re: Canon G7X - is it possible to get a cable to connect the battery charger to a USB port?

Thanks TC. Maybe I should just take more (charged) batteries when disappearing into the wilderness with my camera.