cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon G16 Push On Lens Cap

kittens69
Apprentice

Tragically the lens shutter protectors on my G16 are done for (after a car candy melt incident).  Don't really want to spend $400 replacing the whole thing and wondered whether anyone had ever traced a push on lens cap for their camera?  Those shutters really aren't up to the job; oddly delicate for what is otherwise such a robust camera body...

Thanks

Dan

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

John_
Authority

B&H Photo as well as Amazon has push on lens caps that go all the way over 100mm that will fit it. You just need to know or measure the outside diameter with the lens when retracted retracted my guess is 58mm going by the accessories listed for it.

View solution in original post

smack53
Mentor

What I did for my G12 is add on the filter adapter with a clear  filter and a 58mm lens cap. B&H has the Canon FA-DC58D as well as JJC RN-DC58D which fit the G16 very nicely. The nice thing is the barrel moves with the lens so you don't get vignetting and it keeps the lens itself a bit cleaner in dusty areas. It's about $24.00 for the JJC, $38.00 for the Canon.

Steve M.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

John_
Authority

B&H Photo as well as Amazon has push on lens caps that go all the way over 100mm that will fit it. You just need to know or measure the outside diameter with the lens when retracted retracted my guess is 58mm going by the accessories listed for it.

smack53
Mentor

What I did for my G12 is add on the filter adapter with a clear  filter and a 58mm lens cap. B&H has the Canon FA-DC58D as well as JJC RN-DC58D which fit the G16 very nicely. The nice thing is the barrel moves with the lens so you don't get vignetting and it keeps the lens itself a bit cleaner in dusty areas. It's about $24.00 for the JJC, $38.00 for the Canon.

Steve M.

Thanks Steve, appreciate the answer.  Will do the same.  Best Dom

Announcements