cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon G15 won't turn on after board replacement.

Emusaurus
Apprentice

I bought a non-working G15 off of Ebay about a month ago in hopes of easily fixing it, the display didn't work, so I replaced the display and it still doesn't work. After that, I removed the mainboard and cleaned it with rubbing alcohol hoping that the board's corrosion was causing it; Nope. This time, it wouldn't turn on unless I held the power button and the display still didn't work. I took it apart again and reseated the internal CMOS battery and this time when I tried to turn it on, nothing happened. I ordered a new mainboard and put it in and it still doesn't do anything when I try to turn it on. I'm thinking the flash board may be dead or the power button somehow doesn't work. Thoughts? I'm gonna pull all of my hair out.

2 REPLIES 2

rs-eos
Elite
Elite

Why not save your money and apply to either a new or refurbished/used item from a reputable source (e.g. B&H)?

--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers

John_
Authority

The list of what was originally wrong in addition to what the new symptoms are is pretty long. (display, various connectors, motherboard, battery box, DC board, etc, etc) I think you got the best advice, cut your losses now and let that camera R.I.P.

The upside is you did get what you paid for on eBay, a non-working camera.

Announcements